When doing research into the benefits of CBD and how to consume it, you’ll likely encounter many methods that are mentioned far before smoking hemp flower. Your options include:
- mixing oils into drinks,
- rubbing creams onto sore joints, or
- vaping distilled CBD to get instant effects.
These consumption methods are all at the top of the list, and are frequently brought up as viable options to get the most use out of your CBD products.
However, it is possible to smoke hemp as well. Smoking hemp flower, whether in CBD cigarettes, vapes, or in a pipe, can offer a wide variety of health and wellness benefits, and might be the ideal method of consumption for you.
What is CBD flower?
The flower of the cannabis plant is covered in small hairs called trichomes. These trichomes produce a sticky resin that is rich in cannabinoids, and is the part of the plant that is most typically harvested for consumption and distillation due to its high CBD content (though other parts of the plant also produce CBD).
What is sometimes called “CBD flower” are flowers harvested specifically from hemp plants, which have high CBD contents and relatively low THC contents. While hemp and marijuana are both types of plants in the Cannabis family and are not all that distinct biologically, hemp is cultivated to have less than 0.3% THC content by dry weight, making it perfect for CBD oil distillation. Hemp is often grown for the purpose of industrial use, and hemp and marijuana plants can have distinct looks to people well-versed in cannabis cultivation: hemp tends to be skinner, tall, and hardier, making it better for harvesting its fibers.
CBD hemp flower effects
Smoking CBD can provide a great variety of benefits and effects, the most obvious of which being the feelings of relief that come from consuming it. After smoking CBD flower, you will likely experience feelings of calm, ease, or drowsiness, and you’ll feel it relatively quickly after smoking it.
The benefits of smoking CBD
- The effects are faster. CBD bioavailability, or the ease with which it is absorbed into one’s body, is at its highest when it comes to inhalation. With smoking CBD flower, your body will not only absorb the most of any method, it will absorb it the fastest, with concentration levels peaking in the body within three minutes. If you’re looking for instant relief with the most potent effects, smoking hemp flower may be the way to go.
- The entourage effect makes both THC and CBD more effective. Furthermore, smoking hemp flowers may give you the widest range of benefits due to something called the “entourage effect.” This effect, which has been theorized by scientists studying the effect of various compounds found in the Cannabis family of plants, seems to state that taking compounds like THC and CBD together will be more powerful than when taken alone, as the combination of them can potentiate one another. This is why full and broad spectrum CBD products tend to have a reputation for alleviating the most pain for users, and hemp flower is no exception to this rule — it is hemp in its purest form, cannabinoids, terpenes, and all.
- It’s safer than vaping. Smoking hemp flowers may offer a safer alternative to vaping CBD oil. While smoking the flower may have effects on respiratory function long term, poorly regulated markets for all sorts of vapes may mean that you are inhaling heavy metals, volatile organic compounds, and carcinogens. CBD flower is just that — the flower. While you should still be informed about the potential impacts of smoking, you can feel better knowing that you’re limiting what harmful chemicals you’re inhaling.
- It can help you quit smoking cigarettes. Smoking CBD may also help those who are looking to quit smoking tobacco cigarettes. They can help to provide smokers with a similar experience to smoking cigarettes, due to the shape of the cigarette, the experience of lighting one up and taking drags, and the sensation of relief that comes with it.
- Some prefer the smoking experience. Some people simply enjoy the sensation of smoking. Through smoking the flower, you get a nice, herbal smell, and the pleasing effect of smoking.
Does CBD make your eyes red?
Despite these side effects, however, smoking CBD does not make your eyes red. After smoking marijuana, your eyes may become red because of THC’s properties as a vasodilator — meaning it dilates your blood vessels, increasing blood flow in your eyes and giving them a red appearance. CBD does not seem to have this effect, and it’s thought that CBD may, in fact, increase blood pressure in the eyes.
What are the side effects of CBD?
Every method of CBD consumption has its own side effects. Smoking CBD, while highly effective and therapeutically beneficial, may cause:
- Dry mouth
Smoking, even non-nicotine or tobacco products, can also have long-term effects on your health, and may cause damage to your lungs or teeth. While certainly not as bad as smoking tobacco, it’s never the healthiest thing to inhale burnt material. Avoid smoking hemp flower if you already have lung problems or trouble breathing.
Smoking hemp flowers can be an excellent way to consume CBD, whether you’re looking to use CBD for anxiety, pain, arthritis, or some other ailment. Inhaling CBD has very high bioavailability, especially when compared to other methods of use for CBD, and it means that you will likely experience the relief you’re looking for much faster than you would with an edible or a cream. Additionally, it can provide an alternative to smoking concentrates or vaping, which can both be harmful to your health.
However, smoking CBD is not without its drawbacks, unfortunately. Inhaling any sort of smoke can be bad for your health, and it’s important to be aware of the possible effects of doing so. Additionally, it may come with the risk of the same general side effects that may sometimes come from CBD use.
If you’re looking to smoke hemp flowers but would only like to buy from a trustworthy, high-quality source, check out our directory. We’ll help to connect you with sellers offering a variety of smokable CBD products, from pre-rolls to pure, raw CBD flower.
If you’re specifically looking for CBD flower, click here to check out our personal favorite company, Secret Nature.
Secret Nature Indoor CBD Flower
Secret Nature Indoor CBD Flower
Price vs Value
Quality – 5/5
Flavor – 5/5
Price vs Value – 5/5
Experience – 5/5
Company Reputation – 5/5